Understanding organizations’ information security risks and mitigation techniques are as essential as cloud computing is for the organization. Legacy methods are inadequate, and organizations require skilled, experienced professionals armed with the proper cloud security skills and expertise to succeed. They require CCSP certification.
Administered by the two leading non-profit organizations aimed at cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC) ², the CCSP certification equips professionals with the profound knowledge and expertise acquired from hands-on experience with information, cyber, software, cloud computing, and infrastructure security. CCSP certification helps you attain the utmost standard for cloud security skill and allow your organization to avail the power of cloud computing while retaining sensitive data safely.
Certified Cloud Security Professional is a global certification born from the expertise of the two industry-leading stewards of information systems and cloud computing security (ISC)² and CSA. The CCSP certification is suitable and applicable to cloud security globally.
The CCSP exam will measure their knowledge in the six CCSP domains of the (ISC)² Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), which include:
- Architectural Concepts & Design Requirements
- Cloud Data Security
- Cloud Platform & Infrastructure Security
- Cloud Application Security
- Legal & Compliance
ISC2 CCSP Certification Exam Information:
- Cost: $599 (US)
- Number of questions: 125
- Type of questions: Multiple choice
- Time duration: 3 hours
- Passing score: 700 out of 1,000 points
- Prerequisites: 5 years of paid work experience in IT (3 years must be in information security and one year must be in one of six (ISC)² CCSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) domains
- Exam Registration: Pearson VUE
- Available languages: English and Japanese
The CCSP certification is designed for:
- Enterprise architects
- Security administrators
- Systems engineers
- Security architects
- Security consultants
- Security engineers
- Security managers
- Systems architects
Benefits of CCSP Certification
- Career development opportunities by expanding into cloud services or moving into more strategic roles
- Versatility to apply knowledge and skills across a variety of cloud platforms
- Improved insight to stay ahead of cloud security best practices, evolving technologies, and mitigation techniques
- With CCSP certification, you can get special recognition for attaining the highest standard of cloud security proficiency.
- Immediate differentiation as an authority figure in cloud security.
Tips for CCSP Certification Exam Preparation
Below are five tips to help boost your possibilities of success in achieving the CCSP certification.
Define Your Goals
Before preparing for the Certified Cloud Security Professional certification exam, think about why you need this certification. Think about your interest in cloud computing, and harmonize it to popular cloud positions.
Obtain Relevant study resources
Now that you are determined to opt for the CCSP certification exam, obtain appropriate study guides, training courses, and CCSP practice tests.
Join an Online Community
CCSP certification, being an industry’s premier cloud security certification, you can find many people studying hard to achieve this certification.
Along with online study resources, there are also numerous online communities where you can connect with individuals studying for a CCSP exam. These groups can give you insider knowledge about the most significant facets to study, valuable study resources to make the most of your study time, what the exam experience is actually like, how to market your industry certification once obtained, and much more. The best platforms to find communities online are LinkedIn Groups and industry-certification-specific Subreddits.
Adopt consistent learning habits
To prepare thoroughly for the ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional exam requires at least four to five months of preparation. The best method is to dedicate two hours every day to exam preparations. Success on the CCSP certification exam directly depends on your hours for learning.
Additional preparation tips:
- Fix definite time blocks to study. Treat study hours like a business meeting directed by a boss—non-negotiable.
- Find a calm place that boosts motivation to study and avoid distractions.
- Ask for help when needed. Some may see the content resonates more when discussed or practiced with friends or family.
- Take CCSP practice tests to increase confidence in the knowledge you’ve acquired and the exam-taking skills. Generally, CCSP practice tests can be taken as many times as required to help learners feel confident in the exam format, and the information grasped.
Accomplish Your Goals
CCSP certification offers a unique opportunity for presently employed individuals and job aspirants alike to acquire new skills and take benefit of the budding careers in the cloud. Confirming a verifiable level of cloud skills through industry certification can deliver a clear, competitive advantage in the job market.